The PostProcessor plugin is an extension to the processing pipeline that applies various optimisation techniques using third party plugins once an image has been cached. These optimisations can reduce images by up to 60% in certain circumstances.
The various tools included in the plugin are:
- gifsicle : http://www.lcdf.org/gifsicle/
- truepng : http://x128.ho.ua/pngutils.html
- pngquant : https://pngquant.org/
- jpegtran : http://jpegclub.org/
- mozjpeg : https://github.com/mozilla/mozjpeg
Once installed, the plugin requires no further configuration.